We all have times in our lives where we might find it difficult to be motivated to follow our dreams and reach our goals. Sometimes life gets in the way, you feel overwhelmed , have too much going on, or you feel like you just don’t have the energy to work on your life’s plan. If you were to research and study those people that are able to consistently and regularly meet their goals and perhaps even go beyond them, you will find that they all use a self-motivation technique system. So when you feel less than enthusiastic about your life and think you may have stepped off the path, there are some things you can do to get back on track and reach your personal summit.
To get you in the proper frame of mind, the good news is that creating your own self motivation technique system is not difficult or complex. You can make little changes over time; it’s okay to take “baby steps.” You don’t need to take huge steps that may intimidate you and set you back mentally before you even get started! Change for many people is a scary process. You get used to your life being a certain way and the “unknown” can make you feel apprehensive. Just keep in mind that the path you are on is unique, it is your personal journey. Just take one step at a time, move in the right direction, and you will reach your goals! You just have to take that first step, then keep going each and every day! You can do that! You have to BELIEVE, you can do that. Reject any negative self-talk; replace it with positive affirmations like, “Maybe I haven’t achieved all my dreams yet, but little by little, step by step, I will get there! I deserve it! I’m worth the effort!” Daily Affirmations can help you have a positive start to each and every day.
Here are some tips for getting you back on track:
- Listen to Uplifting Music or Enjoy Beautiful Works of Art.
- Art is very subjective. Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. You can create a whole new mood by viewing and contemplating artwork. Also, listening to enjoyable uplifting music. Everyone I’ve shared this video with agrees that they just feel better and motivated to take action after watching it! Try it! Leave me a comment and tell me what it did for you.
- Stop Sitting Around Feeling Sorry For Yourself.
- We all experience life’s ups and downs. Sometimes its just the gloomy weather. Get up, get moving! Spend time with children; their activity level is infectious. Dance, do household chores, get on the treadmill, go for a swim, ride a roller coaster! If the weather is fine, better yet, go for a walk. Or watch a show that always makes you laugh! I have past episodes of “Saturday Night Live” on DVD that always make me laugh no matter how many times I watch them! Release some endorphins! These activities can jolt you back into the land of the living!
- Start a New Hobby: Learn Something New.
- Your brain loves to be active. Clear out old musty thoughts and bring in fresh new ideas. Is there something you always wanted try? Maybe now is a good time. Try a new recipe, workout with your partner or a friend to lose a few pounds, take a class either online or locally. Get out and meet new people. Join a new online forum and share things you’re really good at.
- Get Your Act Together; Create Your Life’s Goals.
- First, prioritize exactly what your short and long term goals are. How do you get started? Sometimes brainstorming to create action steps can be a difficult process. You will need to break down a bigger task or milestone into smaller baby steps. I wrote an article that you may find helpful at this stage of the process.
- Be very specific about each goal and keep your short-term and long-term goals on separate lists. Don’t just write down something general, provide all the details. In his book, “The Success Principles,” Jack Canfield, states that “Vague goals produce vague results.” If you have no concrete goals to focus on, you will have chaotic disorganized thoughts. What do you think your results will be? Your goals have to be very specific so the results are very well defined and specific as well. For each goal, spell out the details, tell how you will accomplish it and in what time frame.
- As you view yourself, where you are at right now, make sure your goals are actually attainable. When I play tennis, it won’t help me improve my game if I play someone much less experienced than myself or if I were to play someone much better. If my opponent is way below my skill level, I will not “grow” or have to reach for my goals. My best choice is to play an opponent slightly better than me so I have to improve at a comfortable level to stay competitive. You need to set your goals within a fairly comfortable reach. If we set our goals too high, we will get tired of trying to reach them and probably give up.
- How relevant to your life are your goals? When you decided to create a list of goals and dreams, you had a reason why they were important to you. Now that you are creating a system to complete or achieve these dreams, are they still relevant to your lifestyle, your life’s mission? If your goals are relevant, they should reflect who you are as an individual person. What is your purpose in life, what is your calling? Your goals should be action statements that support your purpose in life. Focus on the benefits of achieving your goals rather than the difficulties of what you are trying to achieve.
- A good system will make it easy for you to take action. Defining your goals and dreams is very important but without follow-through, there’s really no point. After you have determined your life’s purpose, defined your goals and dreams thoroughly and within a realistic timeframe, then you need to TAKE ACTION.
- Are you able to measure and track your results? Do you have a method of organizing, tracking, and monitoring your goals? Seeing your progress will strengthen your resolve to continue on your true path. If you have some serious goals you want to achieve and desire an easy online method, then I want to make a suggestion that you set up this powerful well-respected tool that is my first choice for my clients. It allows you to visually chart your progress, print reports, create powerful action plans, and manage your self motivation techniques on a day-to-day basis. It also integrates visualization (one of my favorite personal motivating techniques) and applies these principles by effectively linking motivational pictures to your goals. Visualization subconsciously directs you down the path to help you achieve your goals. I also like that it has a goal journal and easy interface so it’s great for beginners. Because it’s fun to use and keeps your goals in front of you each day, your success rate will be much higher than with other systems I’ve researched. My clients report that they only way they get off track is if they don’t interact with their system on a daily basis (in other words, they have to choose to fail). There is a small monthly fee to use the system with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. I haven’t had a client set it up and walk away yet!
Life is filled with choices. It’s important to realize that only you can decide what you want out of life and the type of life you want to live. You are the creator of your own reality. Take your life back today. Get motivated, fulfill your destiny.
To your prosperity and online success,